The Installation of the streetscape improvements is COMPLETE! We will have the plants in the planters this spring or summer of 2021, Below is what was done.
Safety treatments being implemented along the corridor from 6th to 14th Avenues include:
- Reconfiguring Santa Fe from three travel lanes to two to calm traffic and reduce vehicle speeds; the reconfiguration will center the vehicle travel lanes and add a five-foot buffer between the on-street parking spaces and existing sidewalk to provide people with more space and comfort to walk.
- Using bollards and paint at intersections to shorten the crossing distance for pedestrians
- New signage to dedicate left-turn lanes at the intersections of 6th, 7th, 8th, and 11th Avenues to accommodate traffic flow
- Adding two “parklets” adjacent to the sidewalk to provide a place for people to sit and gather
- New bike racks to provide people on bikes/scooters dedicated places to park and reduce conflicts with pedestrians on the sidewalk
- Realigning bus stops for better placement and spacing to make bus travel more efficient
- More seating, planters, and lighting enhancements to improve pedestrian visibility, safety, and comfort
Additionally, local artists Jennifer Chaparro, Alexi High, and Bimmer Torres will paint street murals to further enhance the uniqueness of the Santa Fe corridor along with the new placemaking buffer for pedestrians at the intersections of 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, and 12th Avenues.
DOTI will evaluate the streetscape treatments to determine a longer-term vision for the corridor.
Santa Fe Streetscape Design Study
- Read the draft plan (PDF)
- Download for print with higher resolution spread layout (PDF)
- Santa Fe Streetscape Preferred Streetscape Redesign (PDF)
While the piloting of an enhanced streetscape is the primary focus of this design study, it is also an opportunity to evaluate the Santa Fe corridor for a longer-term vision.
For more information go to the City and County of Denver website as they are working to identify, design, and develop our pilot streetscape improvements for the Santa Fe Corridor between 6th Avenue and West Colfax Avenue. CLICK HERE